Time has gotten away from me on this lovely news, but I was graciously nominated for the for the Liebster Award by not one- but two– fellow bloggers! Awards like these in the blogging world are pretty special (and fun!) because it means 1) people have found your blog amongst alllll the blogs out there and like it 2) you get to share the love and highlight other blogs that are out in this big blogging world! (It’s bigger than you may realize).
My nominations for the Liebster Award came from Kariana from Karianas Basic Blog and Cameron from First Time Dadventure. Kariana is a beauty and lifestyle blogger and shares fun info about travel, life lessons, and is currently working on a blogging course. Cameron blogs about parenthood and shares some amazing info on traveling with a baby, the best phone apps for parents, and other super useful tips on how to survive those early days with your new bundle of joy!
What is the Liebster Award?
It’s an award given out by bloggers for bloggers. It’s a way to recognize all the time, thought, updates, research, edits, to-hit-publish-or-not-moments we put into the #bloglife. So a HUGE thank you to both Kariana and Cameron for the recognition!
What are the rules for the award?
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nominations
- Give them 11 questions to answer
My answers to the questions I was given:
- Why did you start blogging? To inspire and give hope that living life sober truly is the best life! We can and do recover!
- What is your favorite book? Go Ask Alice by Anonymous
- Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and what are their names? We have two cats- Dudey and Zelda.
- What is your proudest blogging accomplishment? Anytime I get a shoutout be it from a fellow blogger, an IG follower, or organizations, like She Recovers then I feel like I’m fulfilling this blog’s purpose. My hope is being heard and spread.
- Who are your 3 ultimate dinner party guests, and why? Steve Harvey, Michael Strahan, and Drew Carey. They all seem like the most down-to-earth people, and I know I’d spend the entire time peeing my pants in laughter. Plus, since I’m a HUGE The Price is Right fan, I’d have a million questions for Drew about how to win those games!
- If you won a £1,000,000 lottery, what would you do with the money? Well, when we convert that to the US dollar, we’re looking at about 1.4 million, so Target all day, everyday! Plus, I’d want to finally buy a home in Target’s home state- Minnesota. Then I’d put some away for the kids’ college, perhaps finally buy my dream car (BMW 3 series), and of course, go on a immaculate vacay with my husband.
- Do you currently live in the same city you were born in? Why / why not? No, I live completely across the country from where I was born (Virginia). I lived in the South most of my life until I met my husband, whose job brought us to Cali.
- What is your favorite fast food restaurant? I’m a sucker for Taco Bell, but my absolute fav is Chick-fil-a (again, I’m from the South).
- Do you have a favorite hobby? What is it? Reading and blogging.
- How many bones have you broken? Which one(s)? Two, but they were tiny little breaks in my ankle. Broke them playing basketball- in the OFF season!!
- What is your dream job? I’d like to think I’ve already landed it as a high school counselor, but I really want to see where things go between blogging, fitness, and possibly becoming a recovery coach. As long as I’m helping another soul, I’m fulfilling my dream.
11 random facts about me:
- I have a fake tooth on my front, bottom row. Lost it as a kid, and an adult tooth never popped up.
- I never wanted kids. Crazy what love will do to change that decision…and it’s by far the best change of heart, ever!
- My all-time favorite movie is the Shawshank Redemption.
- I lived in South Korea (solo) for nine months in my early 20s.
- I have four tattoos, and have big plans for another this year.
- I met Dwight Yoakam in 8th grade- on his tour bus! (He was an uncle of a fellow basketball teammate).
- I’m most definitely a morning person.
- I’ve got a major ADD personality.
- I so so so badly want a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel when we finally settle into our forever home (or tomorrow… tomorrow would be better ;).
- Romcoms are not for me. Romantic movies- yes! Comedies- yes! Combined- NO!
- I’m a huge sucker for new journals, pens, and pencils. They make my writing soul oh-so-happy!
Questions for my nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s been your biggest accomplishment since you started blogging?
- What’s the first thing you do in the morning?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- How many different states and/or countries have you lived in?
- What’s your dream car?
- If you could have a superpower for 24 hours, what would it be?
- What’s one of your biggest lifetime goals?
- What’s your favorite book?
- Who has inspired you the most in your life?
- If stranded on a deserted island, what shoes would you want to be wearing?