Coffee (well, caffeine) has been a staple in my life since my undergraduate studies. However, when I became a mom, my consumption became like another form of breathing. Now that I’ve given up booze, it’s my overindulgent vice.
Hi, I’m Alison, and I’m addicted to coffee.
But I’m OK with that (for now…).
For this month’s mocktail, I thought I’d share one of my favorite homemade coffee treats. Let’s be honest- regular coffee gets boring after awhile. Plus, Starbucks does not need all my alcohol savings. Lastly, it’s COLD out! Why not warm ourselves up with (yet another) warm cup of joe?
So here you go… enjoy this tasty (and healthy) Vanilla Cinnamon Almond Milk Latte!
Vanilla Cinnamon Almond Milk Latte
(Makes 1 serving)
- 8 oz brewed coffee
- 4 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Brew coffee.
- Pour in the cinnamon syrup and vanilla extract and stir.
- Heat almond milk in microwave for about 45 seconds.
- Froth almond milk. (I invested in this Handheld Milk Frother and LOVE it!)
- Using a spoon, pour in the milk and scoop the froth on top.
- Add cinnamon to taste.