One of my absolute favorite cocktails to drink when I wanted to be fancy around the holiday season was a chocolate martini. I called it my “Big Girl Chocolate Milk.” I have a lot of fond memories tied to those martinis because those were drinks I could and would actually sip and enjoy with close friends and family.
So how can I get my fix without all the mind-altering additives? Well, by classing up chocolate milk, of course!
This month’s tasty treat is one that my kids (and husband) seriously gulp down! So delish and known as a Mint Chocolate Mocktini!
Mint Chocolate Mocktini
(Makes 4 servings)
- 12 oz of milk
- 38 oz of dark chocolate squares
- 2 Tbsp vanilla syrup
- 7 Andes mints, crushed
- Pour the milk into a small saucepan. Heat and stir (to keep from burning the bottom). Before the milk starts to boil, add the chocolate squares. Continue stirring until chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove chocolate milk from the stove. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour half the milk into a shaker filled with ice. Add 1 Tbsp of vanilla syrup, cover and shake.
- Pour milk mixture into two glasses and top with half of the crushed Andes mints.
- Cheers and enjoy!