Last week, I was nominated for The Blogger Recognition Award by a stellar (and hilarious) fellow blogger- Jennifer of Blessed Mess Mama. She’s a wife, mama of two, baker, and sober sister, like me! Her blog is full of very entertaining stories about motherhood, baking with a healthy twist, and sobriety. Definitely check her out!
So what exactly is this award? Well, it’s an award given out by bloggers for bloggers. It’s a way to recognize all the time, thought, updates, research, edits, to-hit-publish-or-not-moments we put into the #bloglife. So thank you, Jennifer, for the nomination!
How My Blog Got Started
Reading memoirs and blogs about women in recovery has been a staple in my sober lifestyle and recovery. By reading their stories and seeing their authentic growth instills so much hope and desire in me. That said, at about four months into my journey, I thought, “Hey! Maybe I could be that woman for someone else!” Hence, the birth of my blog, which I launched this past June.
Simply put, my blog’s mission is inspire moms and women to love themselves enough to want to live a healthy, sober lifestyle.
Two Pieces of Advice for New Bloggers
- Be authentic! Some of my most popular posts are the ones where I really put my truth out there, as scary as it may be. Why save face when we all are going through similar battles in motherhood, fitness, sobriety, marriage, etc.? It’s all about conquering that fear, inviting people into your life and creating pieces that your readers really feel.
- Keep a queue of drafts or ideas. You never know when writers’ block may hit, so if you already have drafts, or at least an idea to get you started, it really helps! Ideas come to me most often in the car, so I try to write them down ASAP so I can utilize them for future posts.
My Nominees for the Blogger Recognition Award
The Blogger Recognition Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.